Reception - Percy
Welcome to Reception
Class Teacher: Miss Yates
Teaching Assistants: Mrs McKillop and Miss Taylor
Welcome to Reception Class!
Our topic for Autumn 2 is Homes and Our Local Community
- PE is on Wednesday this half term. Your child's indoor PE kit should remain in school throughout the term.
- Forest School will be on Monday's. Your child's wellingtons for Forest School will remain in school for the year.
- Children have 2 reading books - 1 is changed on a Friday to be shared with parents for pleasure. The other will be linked to the children's phonic phase and will be changed when it can be read confidently.
- Homework will be sent home on a Friday and must be returned by the following Wednesday.
- Please make sure your child is in school each day on time. Your child has a chance of being entered into a class draw where they can go for hot chocolate and biscuits Friday afternoon's with Mrs Egan and Mr Fielding
Thank you for your support
Our Reward System
Children love being praised and encouraged and also enjoy a visual reminder of how well they are doing in class. DoJo's are points that are counted on the interactive whiteboard. DoJo's are rewarded for good work, effort, manners, excellent reading, being kind to others and many more.
DoJo's can also be taken off the score if children don't follow school rules.
The challenging target is to receive 20 in a week.
Children who achieve this get a reward from the prize box!
Curriculum Subject Knowledge Organisers
Click on the link below to see our knowledge organisers to view what the children will be learning about in the coming year.