Year 5- Hoot
Class Teacher: Mrs Brown
Teaching Assistant: Mrs L. Melling
We are looking forward to an exciting year with you all and hope you are ready to work hard and make some great progress as you move through school.
Attendance and Punctuality are key in ensuring you reach your full potential. Make sure your child is here ON TIME everyday! There is the added incentive of a special prize at the end of term, for all those that are model pupils. This includes being here everyday on time! The school gates open at 8.45am and close at 8.50am. If your are later than 8.50am, and the gates are locked, then please enter school via the main school office.
There are so many exciting areas of the curriculum to look forward to in Year 5, please click on the document below to see what we will be learning about throughout the year.
- P.E. kit (white t-shirt, black/blue shorts and pumps) should be clearly labelled and in school at all times. P.E kits MUST be in drawstring bags. Black leggings are also allowed for religious purposes.
- Homework will be sent home on a Friday and will need to be returned the following Wednesday (if your child needs some support please inform the Year 5 team on Monday) This includes TT rock star homework. Children need to complete 15 garage games set by the year five team every Wednesday to Wednesday. If your child does not have access to TT rockstars, please inform the year five staff.
- Spellings will be sent home on a Friday and tests will take place every Friday
- Children need to read as much as possible at home. Home/school diaries must be brought into school daily and books will be changed every Monday. Your child should be reading a minimum of a book a week or at least 3 times a week with an adult, as per our home school agreement.
- Children should aim to complete a Reading+ session at home 3 times per week.
Curriculum Subject Knowledge Organisers
Click on the link below to see our knowledge organisers to view what the children will be learning about in the coming year.