Welcome to Year 3
In September 2020:
Class Teacher: Miss Aulton
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Egan
Welcome back to the start of a new half-term. In Autumn 1 we will be looking at the topic 'There's no place like home'. We will be looking at our local area.
- P.E. will be on a Tuesday afternoon; your child's P.E. kit should remain in school throughout the half term and I will ensure it is sent home at the end of each half term for for it to be washed. Please send plain navy joggers for outdoor PE and velcro trainers if your child is unable to tie their own shoe laces.
- Please try and listen to your child read every night in order to ensure progression with their reading, writing and speaking & listening skills.
- Please practice the times tables with your child - start with the x3, 4, 8 :). Hit the Button on https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button and https://play.ttrockstars.com/ are great as they are free to use and easily accessible from mobile phones, tablets, laptops or iPads.
- Homework is sent home each Friday and is due back in school each Wednesday. Children will need to complete their homework in school at their own time if it is not returned. Please may I ask for your support with presentation of homework books. Consistency helps the children to present their work well in class.
- Children will be tested on their spellings and times tables every Friday.
IMPORTANT dates for your diary:
Click on the 'Curriculum map' documents for more detail about what we are learning this year.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding your child's learning, please don't hesitate to come and see me