Welcome to Year 3
In September 2018:
Class Teacher: Miss Aulton
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Egan
Welcome back to the start of a new half-term. In Summer 1 we are looking at the topic, 'What the Romans did for us'. This will involve exploring how the Romans lived.
REMINDER! PLEASE SEND IN AN OUTDOOR P.E KIT WITH YOUR CHILD AS PE MAY BE HELD OUTSIDE, WEATHER PERMITTING!
- P.E. will be on a Monday afternoon; your child's P.E. kit should remain in school throughout the half term and i will ensure it is sent home at the end of each half term for for it to be washed.
- Please try and listen to your child read every night in order to ensure progression with their writing and speaking & listening skills.
- Please practice the times tables with your child - start with the x3, 4, 8 :). Hit the Button on https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button is great as it is free to use and easily accessible from tablets, laptops or iPads.
- Homework is sent home each Friday and is due back in school each Wednesday. Children will need to redo their homework if it is not returned unless absent due to illness. Please may i ask for your support with presentation of homework books. Consistency helps the children to present their work well in class.
- Children will be tested on their spellings every Wednesday and times tables every Friday.
IMPORTANT dates for your diary:
- 3rd May - Year 3 Class Worship. Parents are invited to attend.
- 8th May - Roman Dewa Museum. Full school uniform is expected. If your child has a school dinner, a packed lunch will be provided for them.
- 10th May - Friday praise at Church. Choir are expected to sing although all are invited and it would be great to see as many as possible there to support.
- 24th May - Race for Life
Click on the 'Curriculum map' documents for more detail about what we are learning this year.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding your child's learning, please don't hesitate to come and see me